Are You Confused By All The Conflicting Nutritional Advice?
If So, This Book Is For You.
$14.97 + shipping
You may also be interested in
$14.97 + shipping
10% Off Plus Free Shipping On 10-Packs Of My Books
Slaying The Myths
Mixed 10 Pack
5 Slaying The Food Myths
5 Slaying The Supplement Myths
Buy Local. Support Your Local Bookstore
10-Pack discounts are only available online, from this website, not at Amazon or these bookstores.
About The Book
You want the healthiest diet for you and your family, but it is so confusing. Food myths abound. On the internet everyone is an expert. Who should you believe? What is the truth?
- Will saturated fats kill you, or are they good for you?
- Is meat your friend, or your foe?
- Are grains poison, or are they good for you?
- Is low-carb best, or is it low fat?
- Should you go vegan, Mediterranean, Paleo, or Keto?
This book gives you science-backed answers to these questions and much more.
This Book Is Unlike Any
Other Diet Book You Have Ever Read
Most diet books are written by some self-proclaimed diet “guru”. They are based on the premise that only the author knows the “truth.” He or she knows the perfect diet to help you lose weight and live a long and healthy life. The purpose of their book is to convince you that they are right and to give you guidelines for following their “perfect diet.”
About The Author
Dr. Steve Chaney received his BS degree in Chemistry from Duke University and his PhD in Biochemistry from UCLA. Dr. Chaney is:
- A bestselling author. His book “Slaying the Food Myths” was an Amazon bestseller in three categories
- An award-winning professor who taught human metabolism and nutrition to medical students at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill for 40 years.
- An internationally recognized scientist who has published over 100 research studies and reviews in peer-reviewed scientific journals.
- A sought-after speaker on holistic approaches to health.
- A recognized expert who wrote two chapters on nutrition for the first 6 editions of “Textbook of Biochemistry with Clinical Correlations”, one of the leading biochemistry textbooks for medical students. He currently publishes a weekly health and nutrition blog called “Health Tips From the Professor”
His mission is cut through the claims and counter-claims and slay the nutrition myths. He searches the scientific literature to provide you with scientifically accurate answers to your nutrition questions. He is dedicated to giving you the truth about food and diets.
If you liked this book, you will probably also wish to subscribe to our weekly blog
The problem isn’t finding health tips on the internet…
…it’s finding health tips you can trust
Do Bad Diets Begin In Infancy? – You have probably heard the saying “As the twig bends, so grows the tree”. The origin of that quote is lost in lore of medieval England, but the saying absolutely rings true when we are talking about infant nutrition. Most moms naturally assume that a healthy diet is important for their infants, but many new … Read more
Do Blood Pressure Drugs Cause Memory Loss? – High blood pressure has been called a silent killer. This is because it is possible to go for years with high blood pressure and not even know it. Even worse, the consequences of untreated high blood pressure can be catastrophic – stroke, heart attack, congestive heart failure, kidney failure – the list goes on and … Read more
Are Curcumin Benefits Bogus? – Curcumin is considered the active ingredient of turmeric, which has been used as a traditional medicine on the Indian subcontinent for thousands of years. I don’t need to tell you that curcumin and turmeric are hot right now. If you read the blogs and Facebook posts, you are led to believe that curcumin and/or turmeric … Read more